Engineer - Performance Simulation
Williams Advanced Engineering Limited are currently recruiting for a Performance Simulation Engineer on a permanent basis. The successful individual will be responsible for providing performance simulation analysis and capability development to support the companies diverse project portfolio.
Duties will be wide ranging and include, aiding conceptual direction through feasibility and early stage analysis. The successful individual will be responsible for creating, developing and running the performance simulations. This role includes interacting with internal and external customers, supporting project teams to achieve deliverables and demonstrating good communication and interpersonal skills.
Additional duties include:
• Development of core vehicle framework using Matlab / Simulink.
• Developing co-simulation toolsets within Williams Advanced Engineering.
• Detailed analysis of simulation results and creation of comprehensive post processing.
• Aiding correlation activity with input to physical testing, calibration and validation.
The successful individual will have experience of using Matlab and Simulink systems modelling with a base understanding of electric powertrains and battery systems. Practical experience of C++ Programming, vehicle set up or test rig would be beneficial. Within this role a familiarity with principles of Optimal Control would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will have a degree in mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering and experience of performance simulation in one or more of the following:
• Multibody modelling (pref. Simpack, could be ADAMS etc)
• Lap simulation exposure
• Objective manoeuvre modelling via CarMaker or similar tool
• Simscape or other physical systems modelling experience (e.g. Dymola, AMESim,)
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a growing and enthusiastic team within Williams Advanced Engineering Limited.
Closing date: 7th May 2021.
Williams Advanced Engineering Limited is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website wae.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW