Williams Advanced Engineering are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent basis reporting to Manufacturing Engineering Manager. As subject matter expert, you will use your manufacturing engineering knowledge and experience to ensure that all designs can be translated from prototype into repeatable production. You will lead and participate in APQP activities; leading problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
Key operational duties include:
• Running Virtual Build events using Siemens Teamcenter and MPP software.
• Supporting the Mechanical Development and Production Teams with the management of all prototype builds ensuring all processes, tooling, equipment and facilities are in place to support the assembly phase.
• Production and maintenance of SOPs, build records, process routings and production documentation.
• The setup of low volume production environments and the development of manufacturing processes to ensure production is conducted safely, on time and on budget whilst ensuring best practice is adhered to.
• Supporting the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for new product introduction. Mapping processes utilising techniques such as PFMEA's and control plans.
• Participating in the release of engineering drawings and CAD data,
• Ownership of specific elements of the quality improvement road map. Supporting the Quality Management System and the business’ compliance to ISO9001:2015, and any project specific quality requirements.
• Supporting the Quality Team through the creation and use of Quality tools and techniques.
To be successful in the role, you will have proven experience gained in a low / medium Manufacturing Engineering / production assembly environment, preferably in Aerospace, Defence, Automotive or similar sectors and a minimum HND/HNC/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
Experience of low / medium volume automation, Siemens Teamcentre MPP and NoMuda Visual Factory software would be an advantage.
You will also have experience in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen) and using APQP tools and techniques.
The successful individual will be an excellent team player with the ability to complete tasks independently. You will be personable with strong communication skills and a flexible attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a fast paced and varied position within Williams Advanced Engineering.
The closing date for this role is Friday 11th June 2021.
Williams Advanced Engineering is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website wae.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW