Williams Advanced Engineering are currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer on a permanent basis reporting to the Head of Quality. This is an integral role that is the recognised first point of contact for internal quality concerns. As a subject matter expert, using your knowledge and experience, you will help ensure that all products produced meet company standards and our customer’s specifications and requirements.
You will ensure the management of internal and customer concerns are concluded in a timely manner; you will participate and lead APQP activities; leading problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
Key operational duties include:
• Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to assist in the successful setup of prototype and production assembly processes. Development of quality manufacturing processes to ensure quality is embedded into build processes and best practice is adhered to.
• Assigned as the subject matter expert contributing to DFEMA`s and PFMEA's and owning control plans that are generated from them.
• Responsibility for APQP; assisting programme management and design with new product development and launch.
• Devising and owning specific elements of the quality improvement road map in addition to supporting the Quality Management System and the company’s compliance to ISO9001:2015, and any project specific Quality requirements as and when required;
• Leading the implementation of specific, focused ‘Quality Improvement Programmes’ to deliver year-on-year improvements, utilising KPI analysis, Pareto, FMEA and other relevant tools and techniques.
• Responsibility for all activities associated with specific non-conforming product containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution utilising such techniques as 8D utilising Lean and Six Sigma techniques and methodologies such as PDCA and DMAIC as the basis for driving on-going process improvements.
To be successful in the role, you will have proven experience gained in a low / medium production assembly environment, preferably in Aerospace, Defence, Automotive or similar sectors and a minimum HND/HNC/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline. You will also have experience in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen) and using APQP tools and techniques.
Extensive experience in the use of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques is a must along with proven knowledge of AS9100, ISO9001, TS16949 (IATF16949), and ISO14001 to comply with company processes.
We are seeking an excellent team player with the ability to also complete tasks independently. The successful individual will be personable with strong communication skills and a flexible attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a growing and varied position within Williams Advanced Engineering.
The closing date for this role is Friday 11h June 2021.
Williams Advanced Engineering is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website wae.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW